Acne is not only a problem of teenagers, but also a problem of many adults. In fact, there are a number of ways you can do everyday to make sure your skin is less prone to flare ups. Here are some tips for you to control your acne starting today.
1. Do ExerciseRegular exercises could help to fight off negative stress levels that comes from negative self-esteem and depression. However, you need to watch what you put on your body with regards to clothing, sports gear and equipment. It’s because certain fiber as well as sweating could lead to the occurrence of acne. After doing exercises, you should take a shower and change your clothes into dry and clean ones.
2. Drink plenty of waterWater helps to purify your body, both inside and outside. Drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day could help your skin cells to function properly.
3. Get proper sleepSleep properly for 8-10 hours per day will help to improve your skin condition.
4. Lower your stress levelAcne could be caused by stress. Therefore, it’s important to reduce your stress level. You can do so by praying, doing exercises, chatting with friends and doing something you like.
5. Eat healthyA healthy diet could surely improve your skin condition. Eating too much junk food like potato chips and French fries could worsen your skin problem. On the other hand, eating more organic foods, green vegetables, fruits and nuts could help to prevent acne.
6. Take vitamins supplementsVitamins are important to both your skin and body. However, it might be difficult to take enough vitamins from the food you eat. Therefore, you could take vitamins supplements in order to maintain a healthy skin and body. These could be bought cheaply at supermarkets or health-related retail stores.
7. Gently clean your skinClean your skin gently every day and night. Twice a day is enough. Also, do not scrub your face if you have severe acne problem. Use a mild cleanser is enough for daily cleansing.
8. Avoid smokingEveryone knows smoking is bad for health. In fact, smoking could also harm your skin. Literally, smoking can add 10 years to the aged look of your skin.
Acne is not hard to get rid of if you follow simple steps to change your daily habits. For more information, visit how to get rid of acne